Meaningless name (was: Re: rpms/xchat/devel ...)

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Fri Jun 1 12:33:19 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 18:13 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 17:03 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
>
> > If you're referring to migrating Windows users, even they realize there
> > is more than one program to accomplish the same task.  Think of AIM,
> > Trillian, ICQ, blah blah blah.  Or McAfee vs. Symantec.  Or IE vs.
> > Firefox.  Hell, even Microsoft doesn't label IE as "Web browser" (which
> > is another bogosity we do but one thing at a time).
>
> How convenient that the desktop team can alternatively be slammed for
> copying Windows or for failing to copy it...

Wait a minute... I'm not slamming anyone.  Nor did I alternate here..
(at least I don't think I did).

I'm simply saying that including a program's name in the menu entry
seems common sense to me.  What I don't understand is your
classification of "regular user" and why you think having the program's
name in the menu entry is confusing to them.

josh