Things to do this week instead of arguing about mixers

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 20:30:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Eric Sandeen <sandeen at redhat.com> wrote:
> Basically anything that is filled in over time, or filled in sparsely,
> could potentially benefit.

I think the word "sparsely" here is confusing me.  This function
preallocates disk space, right?  So I wouldn't want to use it for a
file that I expect to be a "sparse file" throughout most or all of its
lifetime, because then I would be forcing zero-filled blocks onto the
disk.  Can you explain what you meant by "filled in sparsely"?
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/