Heads up: waf 1.5

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri Jan 16 19:05:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Thomas Moschny
<thomas.moschny at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2008/11/18 I wrote:
>> I'd like to update waf [1] to version 1.5.0 (which has been released
>> only recently, and changes apis) for rawhide, and also as an update
>> for f10. As far as I can see, only midori depends on it (although some
>> more packages probably should, like kdissert).
>
> Today, waf 1.5.2 has been landed in rawhide.
>
> I'm hesitant also upgrading waf in f10 or f9, as this would be an
> incompatible upgrade, being strongly discouraged in Fedora.

Yes, do not upgrade f10 or f9.

In general with build tools you should *never* break compatibility
(i.e., if the code breaks compat, you should make a new package).  waf
has been in a development period up until now, so that's fine as long
as consumers understand that.  Hopefully now that it's hit 1.5 it will
be stable though.