SciTech SIG members: EMBOSS is now packaged, comaintainership welcome, java skills helpful

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 18:01:54 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

the review process for EMBOSS was recently completed. A gcc bug (fixed
but not pushed) prevents it from getting built for F-12 and rawhide, but
other than that package is fine.
Unfortunately, due to the fact that jemboss bundles a load of .jar files
and seems to use some com.sun.net classes, it had to be disabled. I'm
trying to get it in shape, but since I have no experience with java, I'm
afraid that without help things will need to stay the way they are. So,
if someone would like to help make jemboss use system-wide .jar files,
as well as make it buildable with free software, please step up.
Packaging jalview will probably be needed during this process.

Julian