RFC: proposed macro deffinitions for F-13

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Tue Oct 27 17:45:10 UTC 2009

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Id like to get some feedback on the patches that i'm proposing for F-13.
> quite a few packages that need to deal with differences between 32bit/64bit  or
> multilib arches have defines for the appropriate arches.  sometimes incomplete
> since they don't include secondary arches.
>
> I wanted to get some feedback. and see if there are other cases we should add.
>
> Dennis

I have hacks like this in e2fsprogs.spec for example:

%ifarch %{multilib_arches}
mv -f %{buildroot}%{_includedir}/ext2fs/ext2_types.h \
      %{buildroot}%{_includedir}/ext2fs/ext2_types-%{_arch}.h
install -p -m 644 %{SOURCE1} %{buildroot}%{_includedir}/ext2fs/ext2_types.h
%endif

Unless I'm doing a Bad Thing here, maybe some macros to facilitate this
type of header mangling for multiarch?

-Eric