Wi-Fi Interface Question

John W. Linville linville at redhat.com
Fri Oct 30 13:27:57 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 01:17:09PM -0400, Martin Dubuc wrote:
> How is it possible to figure out what driver is associated with which
> interface. We used to have some of this information available in
> /sys/config/hwconf. I am especially interested to know details of Wi-Fi
> interfaces (for instance ath5k or iwlagn).

2.6.33 will introduce ethtool support for mac80211-based wireless
devices (which is most of them).

Prior to that, 'ls -l /sys/class/net/wlan0/device/driver' is at least
minimally informative.

Hth!

John
--
John W. Linville		Linux should be at the core
linville at redhat.com			of your literate lifestyle.