Packages requiring numpy may require a rebuild in f13 and rawhide

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 19:41:57 UTC 2010

Found this today with python-basemap.  Numpy 1.4.0 introduced some ABI
changes. Anything that compiles against numpy and hasn't been rebuilt
since Numpy 1.40 was introduced in late January may need to be rebuilt
in F-13 and rawhide.

Just a friendly heads up.

I'm fixing python-basemap now and then I'm going to start working
through the rest of the potentially affected packages and firing up
rawhide rebuilds for those with build times older than the numpy 1.4.0
introduction.   Once that is complete I'll be looking at pushing F13
updates. Apologizes to anyone's toes.   I'm hoping some of the
affected maintainers see this and take care of this before me. Because
this is an ABI break, this will show up in weird unexpected runtime
breakages for users..some easy to hit...some not. Its best to just do
rebuilds now to avoid trying to to track this down in a series of head
scratching crash reports.

-jef

Here are the  packages that might be affected according to repoquery
run on my 32bit box with build timestamps prior to numpy 1.4.0.

gnuplot-py
healpy
pygrace
python-nltk