Orphaning EMBOSS (Was: Help needed: patching EMBOSS to use system pcre, expat and zlib)

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 22:24:14 UTC 2010

W dniu 24.02.2010 21:28, Julian Sikorski pisze:
> Hello,
>
> EMBOSS 6.2.0 bundles zlib, expat and pcre. In the previous version, I
> got help from a fellow packager to patch the pcre out, but that patch no
> longer works. Thus, I'd like to ask for help in solving this problem,
> which is unfortunately beyond my skills.
> Ideally, I'd gladly accept a co-maintainer for this bioinformatics suite.
> I have built the package with bundled libs for devel for the time being,
> so that potential helpers have access to the latest spec file.
>
> Regards,
> Julian

I think the time has come I should stop deluding myself I would ever be
able to fix these issues by myself. I am thus orphaning the package, it
turned out to be a much bigger task than I expected. Sorry.
I hope it will be able to find a more skilled and appropriate
maintainer. I have released the ownership in pkgdb.

Regards,
Julian