Bodhi allows resubmitting an update with different packages?!

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 23:32:59 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Matt McCutchen <matt at mattmccutchen.net> wrote:
> Thoughts?  Am I missing something?

When someone is publishing updates and putting them into testing
specifically to address known bugs... and they get the fix wrong in
some way... I think its perfectly acceptable to reuse the same update
notice for the testing packages in order to do a series of such test
packages...letting intermediate test packages expire out of existence.

You can make the same argument about confusion in the bugzilla
comments to. Unless people take the time to state which version they
are using in every comment if there are several intermediate attempts
to fix a bug handed out to users..whether it be via bodhi or even just
koji builds..bug reports get harder to follow...unless people state
which versions they are testing.  And I certainly wouldn't expect
people to refile a new bug report each time a testing package is spun
up just to keep the flow of commentary clear as to which version
everyone was referring to when they were providing feedback.

-jef