F12 Kernel problems on Intel/Atom

Richard Zidlicky rz at linux-m68k.org
Mon Apr 12 12:01:16 UTC 2010

Hi,

just noticed last night that noone of the recent Fedora-12 kernels "works" on
my Atom Netbook with Intel graphics - typical netbook.

I did not have the possibility to investigate and do a proper bug report yet but
for me the most recent one that works is something 2.6.31 based and at least two
2.6.32 based kernels that came in with recent updates did not work.
Otoh my self compiled 2.6.32.8 works fine.

The symptoms point to Intel graphic problem - the kernel boots with a blank
screen, when I type the dm-crypt password blindly it appears to boot in the
background but nothing ever appears on the screen. I will try to login remotely
later today and look if I can see anything obvious.

Richard