How should chains be done in non-rawhide?

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn at redhat.com
Wed Apr 14 21:31:43 UTC 2010

I am trying to update the eclipse-egit package to 0.7.1 and it requires
eclipse-jgit >= 0.7.1 which I just built.  I would like both packages to
be in updates-testing at the same time since use of the eclipse-egit
package is the real test of the eclipse-jgit package.

For rawhide, I just used the chain-build target, but this doesn't work
for F-13.  I don't really want to promote eclipse-jgit to stable just so
I can build eclipse-egit.

What is the recommended procedure?  Ideally, I would like to use a
chain-build-like mechanism.

-- Jeff J.