Please move your ABRT bugs upstream

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Sat Apr 24 16:19:24 UTC 2010

Am Samstag, den 24.04.2010, 13:27 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> On 04/24/2010 01:15 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> >
> >       * because without forwarding them the whole ABRT approach is
> >         useless. We are gathering data but the reports are going to be
> >         closed WONTFIX by the bugzappers if they are not forwarded in
> >         time.
> >

> There is a alternative.  For some of my packages,  I have asked upstream
> to sign up for a Fedora account and apply to watch commits and bugs.
> Since my packages are either patch free or I apply patches recommended
> by upstream, they have been willing to do this.  Saves me a lot of work
> from having to do mechanical forwarding of bug reports.  I understand
> this method won't work for everyone but it is well worth considering.  .

You can't expect this from every upstream developer...
Maybe from big projects, but not every small programm with maybe just a
snipped in it.
I also restist to sign up for an account on any different distribution,
just to be able to comment to bugs.

If would be far better, if you could send the valid looking backtraces
to the upstream bugzilla via clicking 'send upstream' in our bugzilla,
but don't know if this is easy to implement.
Maybe connecting some bugzillas with openid is a better choice.

	Thomas