Thunderbird bz 579023 still not fixed even though there is an upstream fix available

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 20:20:15 UTC 2010

On 04/26/2010 01:41 AM, Chris Tyler wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 00:33 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> On 04/26/2010 12:18 AM, Chris Tyler wrote:
>>
>>> Let's not be brash. If we want to ship TB with one small patch, it's a
>>> simple matter of asking.
>>>
>> If it was so simple, why haven't we done it already?
>>
> We did, with Firefox and Pango.

Well, I was referring to Thunderbird and the fix for the crash that is
part of this thread obviously.

>> What about patches to use system libraries?
>>
> I'm sure they'd love to receive 'em!

Aren't they aware of the existing patches already?

> Also, back to the original TB bug -- the reason this wasn't a top
> priority upstream was that it wasn't showing up in the Moz crashstats
> (they only had one report). We need to finish the work of tying our
> crash reports into their system, something they've been asking for since
> well before ABRT.

Till then,  how do we get them to prioritize downstream crashes?
Alternatively are they willing to let Fedora patch it without requiring
a rebranding?  They could be be more flexible.

Rahul