Postgresql namespace

Devrim GÜNDÜZ fedora-list at gunduz.org
Mon Apr 26 11:17:57 UTC 2010

> Any reason not to have it in the Fedora repo instead of your own?

I'm not the maintainer of PostgreSQL package in Fedora/RHEL. Tom (Lane)
has been already maintaining it and doing very good job over there at
Red Hat. He will *probably* do the same for Fedora when 9.0 goes beta or
so. I am the upstream packager only.

FWIW, since Fedora/RHEL (up to 5.5) does support only 1 PostgreSQL
version w/ RPMs, this 3rd party repository  helps people to use recent
PG versions with their distros. (Majority of our users are RHEL 5 users,
who use PostgreSQL 8.3 and 8.4 on RHEL 5). I'm sure that's one of the
reasons that RHEL 5.5 shipped PostgreSQL 8.4 along with 8.1.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org