Is PulseAudio dead?

Mike Prispan fr.prop at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 15:01:06 UTC 2010

Hi all,

maybe I'm wrong (I guess I am), but is PulseAudio really dead? What lead me
to this conclusion? Well look at this:
* Fedora has 201 NEW/ASSIGNED bugs right now [1]
* there was not fixed a single bug last six months (since 2010-02-23) [2][3]
* there are not only "not pulseaudio, but alsa is broken" bugs, for example
abrt reported crashes

No development, no bug fixing, hard to say if there are any comments from
bug assignee(s) at all. I've checked only a few bug and did not find any,
only from bug reporters pinging or asking if more info is required, but I
did not check it using bugzilla query (don't know if it's possible at all).

So, again, is PulseAudio dead? Seems to me

mp

[1]
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&component=pulseaudio&product=Fedora&classification=Fedora
[2]
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?resolution=CURRENTRELEASE&resolution=RAWHIDE&resolution=ERRATA&resolution=UPSTREAM&resolution=NEXTRELEASE&classification=Fedora&chfieldto=Now&chfield=bug_status&query_format=advanced&chfieldfrom=2010-03-01&component=pulseaudio&product=Fedora
^^^ 2 bugs closed by someone (not a bug assignee) because it started to
work/was fixed a long time ago
[3] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=3527