How about firefox 3.6 in Fedora 12 ?

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 19:23:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 8:10 AM, Mat Booth <fedora at matbooth.co.uk> wrote:
> On 30 January 2010 22:57, Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.net> wrote:
>> On Sat, 2010-01-30 at 22:37 +0000, Mat Booth wrote:
>>> Maybe but I agree with Braden: I don't think it's worth it. Seems like
>>> a lot of extra work for not a lot of gain.
>> Running a fully updated system, I upgraded to firefox-3.6 in rawhide
>> today, and it only updated 3 (firefox, xulrunner, and some other that I
>> don't recall) and everything working just fine.
> For now...
>
> Really, you should be using Remi's repository. He has a build of 3.6 for F12:
>
> http://rpms.famillecollet.com/fedora/12/remi/x86_64/repoview/firefox.html
>
> But you mistook my comment. That comment was in reference to
> maintaining two versions of xulrunner.

These RPMS still appear to be using an internal copy of libogg and
libtheora which is currently identical to upstream code which is
already shipped in Fedora.

(There are currently some patches for libvorbis shipped in Mozilla
which are not upstream, but they introduce C99-isms (libvorbis is c90
clean for embedded platforms) and thus can't be directly applied
upstream; I'm looking into that now. The other media stuff is probably
too diverged from its upstreams to worry about right now.)