Board efforts: scope, concept, and permission?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Feb 3 18:35:10 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> said:
> Yes, but having a spin with them already on it is much simpler for its
> target audience. (That said, I wouldn't use it since they moved away from
> KDE to GNOME. :-/ If I needed FEL, I'd rather either groupinstall their
> comps group on a KDE spin install or install individual apps.)

Would it be possible to put spin kickstarts on the common install DVD,
with an option in anaconda to choose them (and notes that network access
may be required for some packages)?  This would give an easier way to
install alternate spins, without having to download and burn lots of
CDs, boot, and then transfer to the hard drive.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>