Packaging Committee Meeting Summary (2010-02-03)

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Feb 3 21:55:25 UTC 2010

Le mercredi 03 février 2010 à 13:28 -0800, Jesse Keating a écrit :
> On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 22:19 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > A side-effect, is that spec parsers that read the file in a buildroot
> > which is missing the package providing the macro, will sometimes think
> > the macro call is part of the subpackage %summary. This is
> > unfortunate,
> > but I don't see how to avoid it without making another part of the
> > spec
> > harder for us.
>
> So long as it doesn't disrupt what is viewed as the summary from the
> srpm stored in Koji, I think you'll be fine.

Unfortunately, I dimly remember seing the macro call appear in the past
in the summary shown in packagedb or koji (don't remember the package
name, and it may not occur with new koji/packagedb versions). This is
purely cosmetic (the actual summary is fine, there's just a strange line
after it), but I could understand people not liking it. I'd gladly get
rid of the current macro hack if rpm made it possible.

--
Nicolas Mailhot