LD Changes To Implicit DSO Linking Update

Parag N(पराग़) panemade at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 08:50:01 UTC 2010

Hi,
On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Roland McGrath <roland at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Worth clarifying here: Rawhide or (and?) F13?
>
> They are still the same thing, so both.  gcc-4.4.3-5.fc13 is there right now.

    I will say this change is introduced at wrong time, considering we
have only one week left for F13 Alpha freeze. This change should have
been done at time of F12 release where we were already having devel
branches working as F13.
    From packager's point of view I can't see anything written at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UnderstandingDSOLinkChange. That page
only describes about DSO Linking change but what am I supposed to do
when one of my package fails to build? Should I ask upstream to
hardcode required DSO names in Makefile or we need to modify CFLAGS in
%build section?

Regards,
Parag.