Fedora 12 re-spins Released

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Thu Feb 11 10:09:37 UTC 2010

----- "Kevin Kofler" <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> The packages available at the time it was released. ;-) I.e. not
> preparing
> the spin 3 days before a KDE update goes out, considering that testing
> the
> spin apparently takes 9 days. But nobody at Fedora Unity ever talks to
> us
> about KDE update schedules. Having to download another 100 MB worth of
>
> updates even when installing the day of the respin's release kinda
> defeats
> the point of the respin. Yet this is happening at every single respin,
> they
> somehow always magically manage to hit the window where a KDE update
> will go
> out during their testing week.
>
> (My recommendation: just install from the F12 GA KDE Live CD and get
> the
> updates, you'll have to update all of KDE anyway, even if you use
> those
> installer-DVD-only respins, and installing from the KDE Live CD is
> recommended.)

I would like to say that it is intentional that we miss KDE releases but it would be a lie. Using the "100 MB worth of updates" could apply to the GA/GOLD releases also, we have seen many updates on Day0 of Fedora releases. <sarcasm>Does this make the conspiracy even bigger? </sarcasm>

-- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |
|                   http://www.facebook.com/rpjensen                   |