No lzma sdk in fedora?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Feb 12 06:40:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:39:02 +0800,
  Chen Lei <supercyper at 163.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to package a sofware using a bundled lzma sdk which fedora doesn't have(http://7-zip.org/sdk.html).
> Since  I realized no linux distribution containing lzma sdk yet, is using a bundled library permitted under this condition,?

We have an out of date version that isn't getting updated upstream and
we have a replacement library that uses a different API but which can
probably do what you want with some wrappers.

I have an interest in this as well as the development version of squashfs
tools uses the latest SDK and won't directly work with either current
library.

Bundling it wouldn't be permitted.

Personally I'd like to see it replace the old lzma stuff, since xz provides
compatible utility programs and I don't think anything else is likely to
be using that library. Having three libraries doing almost the same thing
seems excessive.