documentation on Bugzilla bug lifecycle/developer procedures?

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Fri Feb 12 06:42:04 UTC 2010

Matt Domsch wrote:
> However, check if unifdef is really needed.  The kernel team knew it
> was going to be orphaned, and said "that's OK, as the kernel tree has
> its own copy that's maintained there." or somesuch.  If not, letting
> it stay dead is fine - desireable in fact.

What is the criteria for whether a Fedora package is "really needed" and
for which staying dead is "desirable"?  I picked it up because I use it
myself; I had no idea that it had anything whatsoever to do with the
"kernel team", and I don't have any use for a "copy that's maintained
there".

Thanks,
Eric