packaging arm-none-eabi toolchain for cross-development for ARM "bare metal" (no Linux kernel) systems

Eric Smith eric at brouhaha.com
Sun Feb 14 16:48:58 UTC 2010

Sergey Rudchenko wrote:
> I wonder if such toolchain can be adopted for Android NDK applications.

Possibly.  While it isn't my objective, anything that can use binutils
and gcc configured for "arm-none-eabi" should be able to use them.
> The Android NDK uses arm-eabi-4.2.1 GCC toolchain.

I'm using gcc-4.4.3 because I want recent improvements for ARM Cortex-M3
microcontrollers.  Unless they've introduced a bug in code generation, I
imagine that 4.4.3 should be fine for compiling stuff for Android.

Eric