Radeon SurroundView support?

Dariusz J. Garbowski thuforuk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 18 04:27:10 UTC 2010

On 17/02/10 07:59 PM, Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 18:40 -0700, Dariusz J. Garbowski wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering about state of Radeon SurroundView support in Fedora. I tried to get it working
>> couple of months ago with 4670 + IGP 790GX and even got the X server start with 3 displays but
>> neither Gnome nor KDE window manager knew how to handle it properly. Basically, no window could have
>> been moved to the third display so apart of displaying blue background the third screen was kinda
>> useless.
>>
>> In addition, mouse pointer transitions between second and third display were curious to say the
>> least. The cursor moved nicely from first to second to third display but when going back it showed
>> up on the first screen...
>>
>> I got to that point setting up hand crafted xorg.conf. Is there any work or testing being done on
>> supporting multi-monitor setups (as in: more than 2 screens)? Perhaps I have gotten something wrong?
>
> the 3rd screen is probably a second X screen which means you would need
> to send windows to DISPLAY=:0.1

Interesting. I will see if I can try it in the next few days.
I attached gzipped xorg.conf I used, if that is of any interest. It's not the prettiest config since
I cannibalized one that I found lying around ;-)

By the way, F12 displayed bunch of kernel [drm] messages (only!) on the third screen during boot
process (no failures, just regular messages). I can provide photo of the messages on request.

> I'm surprised gnome/kde don't start up a panel etc on it.

I'll try with latest F13 build and see what I get this time.

> The geometry fixing is in progress so the mouse does the right thing at
> least I think ajax's work might fix it.

Good to hear! Thanks for your work on radeon driver, guys! It's getting better and better :-)

Dariusz