rawhide report: 20100216 changes

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Feb 18 17:06:16 UTC 2010

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> In the file ("hostfiles") that tells us what to copy in from the host
> system we do use wildcards.  But we only wildcard the minor and
> release numbers, not the soname major number, since an soname bump
> probably implies some sort of major change which requires human
> attention.

It shouldn't matter at all for your appliance builder.

IMHO, you should just wildcard everything and drop the file dependencies.
Much less work for you, much fewer broken dependencies, just a small risk of
breakage which isn't that big a deal (much better than having the package
uninstallable every other day as it is now).

        Kevin Kofler