Help needed: patching EMBOSS to use system pcre, expat and zlib

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 20:28:33 UTC 2010

Hello,

EMBOSS 6.2.0 bundles zlib, expat and pcre. In the previous version, I
got help from a fellow packager to patch the pcre out, but that patch no
longer works. Thus, I'd like to ask for help in solving this problem,
which is unfortunately beyond my skills.
Ideally, I'd gladly accept a co-maintainer for this bioinformatics suite.
I have built the package with bundled libs for devel for the time being,
so that potential helpers have access to the latest spec file.

Regards,
Julian