Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 13:20:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 08:14:13AM -0500, Marcela Maslanova wrote:

>----- "Matthias Clasen" <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 13:16 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>>
>> I think banning stable pushes is the right idea. None of your reasons
>> is
>> very convincing.
>>
>My packages are rarely tested and I forget them in testing phase for a
>long time. Also fixing BR don't need testing. I simply need push
>immediately the new/fixed package.

If nobody is testing your packages sitting in updates-testing, then maybe the
users of that package aren't hitting whatever you're fixing or aren't otherwise
having other issues.  What is the benefit of pushing an update if nobody cares?

Also, doing an _update_ to fix a BR seems rather absurd.  If there is no
functional change to the package when doing the BR change, then there is really
no reason to push an update for that.  The same is true for spec file comment
changes, or any other change that has no real impact to the package at runtime.

josh