Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Feb 26 14:04:55 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> said:
> at the FESCo meeting on Tuesday, everyone except me seemed to be set on

Do you really see _everything_ as FESCo (or the world) vs. Kevin Kofler?
I read over the FESCo logs from time to time, and your repeated
foot-stomping on the DSO linking change was rather childish, and now we
have this.

> (We really need more transparency in decision
> making!)

So to you, stirring up controversy without an actual proposal is
"transparency"?  How much more transparent can open and logged meetings
get?

You clearly want to be able to push whatever, whenever (see massive KDE
updates in supposedly "stable" releases).  Others have shown that
playing fast and loose with updates has consequences, and putting a
little delay in there would probably be better.

EPEL has run this way for a while, and it doesn't seem to be a problem.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>