Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 15:24:58 UTC 2010

> > I can't see a reason to make exceptions.
>
> What about the many valid reasons that have been brought up? E.g. if a
> package is destroying people's hardware, wouldn't you want the fix to go out
> BEFORE your hardware is dead?

I'd want it to get positive karma from at least a couple people before
throwing it out, to make sure that it doesn't make the situation worse.

Perhaps if you waited for the proposal instead of starting a "the sky is
falling" smear campaign, some of this would have been taken into
account, like being able to achieve karma right after the build is done,
and thus having passed a barrier to be able to go direct to stable.

If the update is to fix an issue as dire as you say it would be, there
would be no shortage of people who would be willing to grab the package
from the bodhi link and test it out, and the maintainer would have no
problem spending a little effort to find people to do this testing to
ensure his or her update could go to stable ASAP.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!