Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Feb 26 15:20:59 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 14:55 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> > The possibility to publish hot-fixes is most important.
>>
>> +1. Not being able to push those out quickly would really suck.
>
> What sucks more is recent "hot-fixes" which were even more broken than
> the issue they were trying to fix.  They were pushed directly to stable
> and broke a significant number of systems because of a scenario the
> maintainer didn't imagine or test.

Those weren't "hot-fixes", they were fixes for an issue which wasn't really
a regression. They were also quite invasive and risky, very much unlike the
trivial fixes I'm talking about. The maintainer simply underestimated the
risk, maybe he also overestimated the urgency. But that's not an issue with
the process.

        Kevin Kofler