Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Fri Feb 26 19:18:58 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 08:15:43PM +0100, Till Maas wrote:

> 1) to fix a bug or add a feature the maintainer experienced/uses

If nobody is complaining about the bug, then fixing the bug can wait
until the next Fedora release.

> 2) As already told several times, not having people to test something
> does not mean that the package is not used

If they're not complaining, they're presumably happy with the current
state of the package?

> 3) It allows new users of the package not to find/debug the bugs again that
> are already fixed upstream

If they're willing to debug, why are they not willing to test?

> 4) It is not made easy to test packages, e.g. normal uses normally do
> not have a test environment set up and most likely do not want to mess
> their own system. Maybe providing one-click access (e.g. via VNC) to a
> test system with the package to be tested would help here.

I agree that making it easier to test packages would be beneficial in a
wide range of cases.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org