Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri Feb 26 20:36:19 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:36:41AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 20:26 +0100, Till Maas wrote:
> > First”) include
> > "first.
>
> I take this to mean the first to include something in a release, as we
> develop it, not the first one to throw it over the wall at our users of
> a stable Fedora release.

This just made me aware that this is also another category of packages
instead of the complex and simple ones: Packages where Fedora is mostly
upstream. Updates to these kind of packages cannot really compared to
packages developed by a separate upstream, that has also his own people
already doing some testing. This is maybe a problem in all these
discussions about update frequency, everybody only the kind of packages
that he worries about.

Regards
Till