Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 21:45:36 UTC 2010

Michael Schwendt (mschwendt at gmail.com) said:
> > To phrase a strawman differently:
> >
> > "No update is pushed to users without verification and testing from entities
> > other than the packager."
>
> No, thanks. The "popular"/"high profile" packages will get their usual
> rushed +1 votes in bodhi (from people who even download from koji without
> waiting for an entire package set to be published in a repo - from people
> who regularly vote +1 even when something is clearly broken). And
> less-popular packages will suffer.

Again, that's just a "testing isn't working as well as we want right
now, so let's just not bother with it at all because it might
incovenience me" response.

If that's the sort of defeatist attitude people really want to take,
it's sad.

> > Consider it a second eye.
>
> If there is a volunteer tester, who also takes responsibility when not
> noticing regression caused by an update, fine. If there is no volunteer,
> who will lend the update submitter a second eye? Either there are
> resources or there aren't.

I said entities above. Could be testers. Could be releng. Could be a
battery of autoQA tests.

Bill