Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 23:19:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 08:22 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:

> I think the problem there is most users aren't in the system and probably
> don't know / care about testing.  They'll leave that to others, they don't
> want to be involved, they just want to use our stuff.

Most users? Sure. But that's not really important. What's important is
that there is a sufficient core of users who *do* run updates-testing,
know about Bodhi, and log failures when they see them.

Which is true. See
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F13/FEDORA-2010-2848 for a
perfect example of the system in action. A bad update was pushed to
-testing, multiple people - not RH 'plants', but regular QA volunteers -
saw that it caused a bug, and filed negative feedback. mclasen saw the
feedback, and submitted a fixed update, which promptly got tested.

It doesn't matter that not *every* user is using Bodhi, as long as
*enough* are.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey