Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 22:24:37 UTC 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Josh Stone wrote:
> On 02/27/2010 02:05 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>> About F-11, F-12, F-13: yeah, pretty much. They should all contain the
>> same stable version of most software.
>
> Then why have numbered Fedora releases at all?  Just so we can bump the
> wallpaper every once in a while?

Well there are certain defaults that change in time, such as the
default filesystem, certain core libraries, right? The Fedora release
number should be for those components that can't be changed on the
fly. Hence I used the word "most" as you quoted. I think the
discussion should be how we should quantify this "most".

Wallpaper is another example but it can be handled without bumping the
release number I guess :)

 Orcan