Change to DSO-linking semantics of the compiler

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Tue Jan 12 11:25:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 01:45:55PM -0500, Charley Wang wrote:
> A rebuild was conducted, and a preliminary (unsorted) list of packages
> that have implicit linkage errors can be found here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DSOLinkBugs

78 of those seem to be caused by separated libtinfo. In default
ncurses configuration libtinfo is included in libncurses, so I don't
think the upstreams will be very happy about adding support for
non-standard configurations.

Petr Machata suggested we could work around it by replacing
libncurses.so and libncursesw.so symlinks with linker scripts
including both libraries.

Is that acceptable?

--
Miroslav Lichvar