RFC: gtk v4l2 (webcam) control panel app + applet

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Jan 12 11:39:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

As you most likely know I've been steadily working on improving
webcam support under Fedora. As you also might know I used to work
at a Dutch University teaching Computer Science. I recently got a
request from them if there were any software engineering assignments
I could come up with.

Which remembered me that it would be nice to have a gtk app for
controlling webcam settings like brightness, contrast, etc.

This has resulted in me writing the attached assignment, since
this is now still in the planning phase (there might even not be
any students interested), this is a good moment to provide feedback
on this. So please read it, and if you have any suggestions for
better handling of v4l2 controls, please let me know.

Thanks,

Hans