ABRT frustrating for users and developers

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Sun Jan 17 16:23:13 UTC 2010

Camilo Mesias <camilo at mesias.co.uk> writes:
> What if every component had a placeholder bug for undiagnosed ABRT
> info. Keeping all of them together would help to gauge which are
> significant and which are one-in-a-million cosmic rays flipping RAM
> bits etc.

Well, it's supposed to do that already I think: if you get multiple
reports of the same backtrace then you start to think that it's a real
bug rather than bad RAM.  This still does nothing for the basic problem,
though, which is that a backtrace alone isn't very useful for fixing
the bug.

			regards, tom lane