ABRT frustrating for users and developers

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at nist.gov
Tue Jan 19 16:10:32 UTC 2010

On 01/17/2010 07:41 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> The request to give the RAM some testing is not impolite.

I absolutely agree---it is usually a simple test that people
can run with minimal guidance, and it can possibly detect problems
that would otherwise be very hard to diagnose (I personally had
a failing Toshiba laptop that the factory service couldn't find and fix,
and I was able to convince them with the memtest results that the
motherboard was faulty).

A thorough overnight run should be enough to detect any memory subsystem
related failure, and is not obtrusive.