How about firefox 3.6 in Fedora 12 ?

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Sat Jan 30 19:00:54 UTC 2010

On 01/30/2010 01:53 PM, Braden McDaniel wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-01-30 at 11:36 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Braden McDaniel wrote:

>>> xulrunner-1.9.2 breaks API compatibility with 1.9.1, so downstream
>>> packages would need patching for this to happen.
>>
>> Even minor releases generally/often break ABI, requiring lots of dependent
>> package rebuilds... or is this case even worse?
>
> I said "API", and that's what I meant.
>
> At the very least, there have been subtle changes to the plug-in API
> that can cause compile failures.

 And how many plugins are packaged by fedora ? Any?

 I'd guess all the plugin dev's at the moz website state clearly which
vers of filrefox is supported - and most want their plugins to work with
current release - 3.6.

 So that seems like a bad reason not to update.

 So what are the couplings then that need source changes other than
plugins?

  Can someone be specific rather than hand waving API around please.