Bodhi 0.7.5 release

Dave Airlie airlied at redhat.com
Thu Jul 1 07:23:06 UTC 2010

> Dave Airlie wrote:
> > So in your mind, there is a majority of people on your side, but they
> > are just too lazy to stand for election and take over the board?
>
> s/too lazy/too busy doing actual work/
> (as opposed to wasting their time with politics or bureaucracy)
>
> Have you noticed that all the people who are complaining about the policies
> are highly experienced packagers?
>
> And there are actually many more people disagreeing with those broken
> policies than the ones you notice on the ML, they just don't have the time
> to write mails to complain about them. (For example, rumors are that several
> people in the Brno RH office share my concerns.)

but these people are still in a minority. you are living in a fallacy.

There is also a large percentage of people who agree with the changes
are also "too busy doing actual work", I agree with them, I don't run
for the board, I barely vote, I am an "experienced packager". Like I can
totally handle you being anti-everything anyone does around here, I
can't handle you thinking you are in a majority.

I also work in Brisbane RH office, and I have lots of examples of people
who don't share your concerns.

I've seen surveys before where side A says, I have 100 scientists who
agree with my POV, and you get the other side saying I have 100
scientists all called Dave, who agree with mine.

Dave.