who is Petr Pisar from redhat ?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Jul 2 10:08:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 11:40:11AM +0200, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> Dne 2.7.2010 11:34, Michael Schwendt napsal(a):
> > Of course there is. There ought to be prior communication about such plans
> > to upgrade a package. The primary package maintainer may have good reasons
> > for not upgrading the package. Just ask!
>
> The primary package maintainer (see the other thread about "owning" a
> package) who has a package 8 months in FTBFS doesn't have much rights in
> my thinking.

I think that this is very wrong. I don't know the specifics of this package
either, but I remember that for one of my packages, I had to hold of
correcting a FTBS because it meant upgrading, and I coudn't do that
because of some incompatibilities.

Bottom line is -- unless it changed -- in the spirit of provenpackager
policies for non urgent things like FTBS, provenpackagers should do
as little as possible, contact packagers before doing anything, do change
in cvs but let time for the packager to build or revert.

--
Pat