merge reviews

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 9 22:11:24 UTC 2010

> On 07/09/2010 03:41 AM, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
> >
> > I started doing merge reviews in late 2008, so far I've finished 24 of
> > them and have 8 reviews currently still open. The biggest problem so far
> > has been the lack of maintainer interest, often nothing has happened
> > after my comments. For the major part a lot of BZ pings and mails to
> > package-owner at fedoraproject.org has done the trick, but some bugs have
> > been awfully silent.
>
> If you are a provenpackager, can't you just make the changes yourself
> and close the review request?

I asked about this a year(?) ago when I became sponsor. The consensus in
FESCo was back then that the reviewer making the changes would go
against the whole idea of reviewing, which involves two people (the
maintainer and the reviewer) going through the changes.

Having a provenpackager replacing the maintainer would be possible in
principle, but the merge review may in some cases involve rather drastic
changes that should be not made by other people than the maintainer.
Besides, it's the maintainer's work anyhow..
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor
jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org