[HEADS-UP] systemd for F14 - the next steps

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Fri Jul 23 03:21:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 04:12:53 +0200
Lennart Poettering <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:

> Also, if you look at sssd and a simple hypothetical syslog daemon
> which looks up the user id of everybody connecting to it. If sssd is
> used this will deadlock: sssd logs to syslog, and syslog uses NSS to
> resovle your user id and hence sssd, and sssd won't reply because it
> is still waiting for the syslog write to go through.

Luckily sssd is built to prevent things like this being a multi-process
system that uses a common cache to reply to request without ever
blocking.

Of course if you really find a way to lock it up I am more than happy
to see a reproduceable case in order to fix it :-)

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York