Weird libprojectM C++ segfaults

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 17:38:22 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Two crash backtraces in this mail. Does anyone have an idea what might be
> wrong there?
>
> Simply linking any Audacious plugin with -lprojectM leads to a segfault on
> application exit. In other words, even if the library is not used but just
> linked with, app exit segfaults. That's an indication that something in
> the library, which is initialized when the run-time linker binds the app
> with the library, gets destroyed on exit and then crashes in the
> std::basic_string destructor. Building the packages for Fedora 13, it's
> reproducible. Audacious upstream (uses Ubuntu and/or Debian) cannot
> reproduce it, however.

Can you tell us what nvr of libprojectM you  are using? There was a
bug I fixed in 2.0.1-7, which caused crashes due to wrong font paths
set in the code. Since we are not bundling fonts with regular
packages, the code needed to point to system fonts. I asked this build
to put in buildroot override at
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/3899

Your backtrace looks quite different though. Might a different bug
since you are not even using the API. It would help if you give the
involved nvrs, and links to your audacious SRPMs that crash with
libprojectM.

Orcan