tangent! [was Re: [HEADS-UP] systemd is now the default init system in rawhide]

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat Jul 24 21:48:52 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 01:39:20PM -0700, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> > > Without looking too closely I believe systemd eventually seeks to replace
> > > things like gnome-session daemon. It has session management in mind as
> > > well as system.
> > Still belongs in /sbin, unless it's meant to actually be executed directly
> > by end-users.
> No.  If that were the criterion, update-mime-database would belong
> in /sbin .

It looks like it probably _does_. From the gnome.org docs:

  Understanding how to refresh the MIME database is important for
  administrators who wish to add new MIME types to the system, or otherwise
  modify information about a MIME type. The application update-mime-database
  is intended for this purpose.

But that's a long thread I don't want to sidetrack this with.

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>