systemd (Was Re: tmpfs for strategic directories)

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Tue Jun 1 02:45:40 UTC 2010

On Sat, 29.05.10 19:27, Roberto Ragusa (mail at robertoragusa.it) wrote:

> Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Jon Masters wrote:
> >> Didn't we "decide" that Fedora was intended for more technical users? I
> >> don't see many technical users crying out for a hammered shut init
> >> system where they feel like they have to go to their auto mechanic to
> >> attach the right magic dongle to fix it when it breaks.
> >
> > A really TECHNICAL user has no trouble editing a C program. :-)
>
> On a router?
> With no gcc installed?
> And with no disk space to install gcc?
> And with no network available? (because, you know, I'm fixing the router
> which is failing to boot properly)

Guys, nobody wants to take away configuration options. You can edit the
.service files too, and readjust things. You can even plug in shell
scripts here and there and wherever it suits you.

There are not plans to make configuration of systemd depndent on gcc or
gdb. That is completely made up.

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net