-upstart subpackage vs tranditional initscripts

Chen Lei supercyper1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 02:18:59 UTC 2010

2010/6/3 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com>:

> This is intended to tell people that SystemVinit scripts are mandatory for
> services managed by the init system.  But providing native upstart as an
> addition (or initng, minit, etc) is not prohibited by this.
>
> -Toshio

I don't think provide both upstart and initscript for one package will
benefic fedora, especially in the scenario when the upstart scripts
have seriously functional regression compared with initscripts.
Currently, only one packager provide both upstart scripts and
initscripts.

We currently don't have a policy about upstart scripts, however a
single person to change his packaging style agaist all other packagers
in the repo will confuse many linux users or system administators.

Before opposing me, you can look at those -upstart subpackages, you'll
found they are not as good as you imagined. They are different from
other system upstart scripts.

Regards,
Chen Lei