initscripts-9.12-1.fc13 update not installable

Michel Alexandre Salim michael.silvanus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 22:31:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> Michel Alexandre Salim (michael.silvanus at gmail.com) said:
>> The update conflicts with NetworkManager; there is a NetworkManager
>> build for F13 from a few days after initscripts was build that, for
>> some reason, was never pushed as an update:
>>
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=172856
>>
>> Are these two updates supposed to go together? I downloaded all of
>> them and rpm --test seems to suggest they would install just fine.
>
> They're both in the final release, which is why it's not in updates.

Interesting -- on my x86_64 system, which is upgraded to F-13 final
from a beta install, I have the update problem described, while on a
fresh F-13 i686 install on my netbook, there's no problem.

Here are the x86_64 package versions:

$ rpm -q NetworkManager initscripts
NetworkManager-0.8.0-0.4.git20100211.fc13.x86_64
initscripts-9.11-1.fc13.x86_64

and on the netbook:

$ rpm -q NetworkManager initscripts
NetworkManager-0.8.1-0.1.git20100510.fc13.i686
initscripts-9.12-1.fc13.i686

I tried updating with the updates repo disabled, but for some reason
NM-0.8.1 is not picked up despite it being in the mirrors:

$ sudo yum --disablerepo=updates update initscripts NetworkManager
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package initscripts.x86_64 0:9.12-1.fc13 set to be updated
--> Processing Conflict: initscripts-9.12-1.fc13.x86_64 conflicts
NetworkManager < 1:0.8.0-12.git20100504
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: initscripts conflicts with NetworkManager
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem

Any idea what could be causing this? If I try updating just
NetworkManager, I get "No Packages marked for Update"

Thanks,

--
Michel