deluge and flags sub package

Chen Lei supercyper1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 01:08:44 UTC 2010

2010/6/9 Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 23:21 +0530, Ankur Sinha wrote:
>> >
>> > This sounds good to me - please go ahead with your changes.
>> >
>> > (Apologies about the unavailability over the past several weeks. Final
>> > projects and trips with family/friends have consumed most of my time.
>> > I'm back and ready to rock some Fedora packages, though! ^_~)
>>
>> hey,
>>
>> I've made some kinda spec splitting the package into sub packages.
>> Please have a look at the spec[1]. It builds in mock. The build logs etc
>> are here[2]
>>
>> Please let me know if(when) you think up of changes ;)
>>
>> regards,
>> Ankur
>>
>> [1] http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/deluge/deluge.spec
>> [2] http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/deluge/
>
> Updated spec to handle conflicts etc. Hope thats how its to be done.
>
> regards,
> Ankur
>

> --

I think image subpackage is not needed, maybe it can merged to
-common subpackage, also if you should not provide Provides:   %{name}
= %{version}-%{release} or Provides:   %{name}-flags =
%{version}-%{release} in spec.

 Obseletes is enough to provide a sane upgrade path, Provides is
needed for renaming a package, but it's not suitable in the case of
spliting one package into several subpackages.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrade_paths_%E2%80%94_renaming_or_splitting_packages

Chen Lei